After our bikes got stolen twice, I decided to get this lock to keep our bikes from getting stolen again. This lock is great! It’s super strong so I don’t think there’s a way for anyone to cut/break it, it folds nice and small and comes with a holder I can just attach to the bike and comes with 3 sets of keys.
m really happy with this product, it is totally worth the price if keeps me from replacing another bike!
It arrived and it is heavier than it looks! You might think it is just plastic from the picture, but that is just a coating on substantial metal. It isn’t as heavy as a U lock for lifting it. It also makes a much nicer profile when attached to your bike. With U locks, you tend to want to leave them behind if you think you won’t need it because you bump your knees into it and it takes up so much space on your bike frame.
I have only used this folding bike lock for a week, so my opinion may not be worth much.
1. My new bike has not been stolen. So, that's a definite plus.
2. It seems well constructed as advertised. If I wanted to steal my bike, I would not be able to break this thing with any tool that I own. I don's own any steel cutting tools. Another plus.
3. It is relatively light weight and connects nicely to the seat post. Another plus.
4. Long enough to wrap around slim post, but not a Sequoia. You might need two liked together. I live in Texas. No Sequoias, but we do have big oaks. Minor issue. No points.
5. Key and foldable bike lock seem high quality. Not a locksmith, but looks formidable.